Changes are coming!!!
- A host of new features in Legacy software – we will be developing future versions of Legacy together. We have already started working on the new Tree Sync feature (to optionally have your Legacy file in a private or collaborative tree at My Heritage)
- Improved webinar platform to surpass the 1,000-virtual seat limitation we currently have
- Significant discounts on My Heritage services and DNA kits for Legacy users and webinar viewers not available anywhere else
- Most importantly, you can expect the same high-quality support and service that you have come to expect from us. The entire Legacy and webinar teams will continue on at My Heritage in our existing roles.
- Do we have to have a tree on My heritage? No, It is optional.
- Do we have to sync when that becomes available? No, it is optional.
- Do we have to subscribe to My Heritage? No, just like you don't need to subscribe to ancestry to use Roots Magic or FTM.
- Will our data on the legacy cloud be used by My Heritage? No, even Legacy doesn't have access to your back up on the cloud
I personally hope that doesn't happen, as Legacy is a robust program and there would be so much functionality lost by making it web based. I mean look at the current functionality of other web based programs (ancestry's online tree builder, Wiki tree, and even My Heritage's tree builder)
- to protect living relatives
- to prevent others from changing trees
- to stop genealogy "vampires" from taking someone's hard work and claiming it as theirs
Only time will tell......
I have no affiliation with any website or company, nor do I get paid to promote any company or website. My thoughts are my own and cannot be bought.