Search This Blog

Featured Post

2019 - 2020 Calendar of Events

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Which WITCH?

Which Witch?


margaret scott memorial
Margaret Scott memorial
The other day I was building out my "cousin bait" tree on ancestry, and I thought I found a connection to the Salem witch trials and Margaret Stephenson Scott, the only "witch" accused from in Rowley Ma.

I researched her in depth, gathering all the info I could find, well because I felt a connection with her.  Being an outcast of the community due to her age and not being remarried after her husband died. Her children had left the area and she was all alone.


I'll be doing an in-depth blog post, on where I took a wrong turn later this month, so stay tuned.


I feel I've gotten to know this woman, and while she is not a direct ancestor (at this time) who knows, I may eventually find a connection as I "go deep and wide" on my family tree.  Basically I add all children and their spouses and children, even adding 2nd, 3rd and 4th spouses, step children, and adopted children.


I was sad, when after 3 days of solid seaching, finding, and downloading information on this woman, I found documentation that she was not the mother of my 9th great grandmother.....

UNTIL....

I found the great grandson (my 6th great grand father) of a 9th great grandmother married a woman whose great great grandmother (my 10th great grand mother) did something even more shocking than being accused of being a  witch.


Stay tuned for that saga in an upcoming blog post.


Until next time, Keep digging up roots,

Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment