Search This Blog

Featured Post

2019 - 2020 Calendar of Events

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The First DEBE Family in OHIO



These are my 3 x great grandparents Jacob and Margaret Debe.  The spelling has varied and seen as DIBBI, DIPPI, DIPI, DIBBE, but It is now DEBE.

 

Jacob Debe tombstone
Jacob Debe

Margurite Gise Debe tombstone
Margurite Gise Debe


Here's a great story behind how I got these images:

Located in Massillon Ohio Cemetery. 


When I got the location if his grave, I parked near the section, and started to count back to the row he was reported to be in.  1...2...3...4...5.....10...11 and BAM!!! I was at the fence.  Where were the rest of the rows???


My daughter and I wandered aimlessly looking for this Tombstone. We found ROHR, KOONTZ, KING, SNYDER; all family via this man's daughters...but no Jacob.

So We started getting cold and needed a drink so we started walking back towards the car, when I stopped and spoke to my grandfather....

I said : Alright DEBE!!!!! we drove all this way to visit you, and you are hiding.  I need you to STAND UP and wave to me, as I cant seem to find you!!!

Well my daughter asked what i was doing, so I told her, I need help finding him so I'm asking him to help. She rolled her eyes as most teens do, and turned to go to the car

We got back to the car, put on jackets, and got a drink and when I turned around to start my search again...there he stood in all his glory right in my path!!!

The rows started at the fence, and I had totally missed him as I was focused on counting, 1...2...3....
We had parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS GRAVE!!!!


So next time you are looking for someone--address them directly, and who knows what will happen!

1 comment: