Search This Blog

Featured Post

2019 - 2020 Calendar of Events

Friday, January 30, 2015

Is this a BSO (Bright Shiny Object)?

The movie "UP!" was about a spastic dog who couldn't focus....Squirrel!



So Ive been working on my genealogy Do over...learning a lot, and sharing with my daughter who is now 18, but has always been there to help me since she was 10-11. She would go with me and help look up obituaries I received from the RAOGK requests in my area. She was bitten early. She loved helping me find people, and she loved finding and reading the old newspaper articles on the microfilm readers. Now she is tracing her dad's side of her tree CORRECTLY with the Do Over project, but I digress!!!!! Squirrel!

On our Facebook  page, there has been many discussions about the infamous"Spreadsheet" made by Thomas MacEntee, offered for free here.   Thomas has even allowed us to edit and modify it to our liking. But many of our genealogists are not used to Excel, or how it works, so the teacher in me comes out, and I start creating short videos and posting them to youtube.

I am seeing a theme here, I love to help people.  Is this my BSO?  I guess it will depend on if I can still do my genealogy and assist others in theirs. 


Time will tell......Squirrel!


No comments:

Post a Comment