Search This Blog

Featured Post

2019 - 2020 Calendar of Events

Monday, January 26, 2015

Tracking your searches


Yes I was one of those people.  I was a data collector, names, dates, places.  If the name matched, it was added to my tree.  Now thank goodness my name wasn't SMITH or JONES.  I was blessed, (or cursed depending on perspective) with a 'rare' surname to research, so most everyone that has that same last name is a relative of some sort.  However I quickly developed BAD BAD BAD habits in doing my research.



So today I watched a fantastic webinar at Family tree webinars with Thomas MacEntee called My Genealogy DO-Over - A Year of Learning from Research Mistakes (it's free to watch until Jan 28)


With the webinar, Thomas generously shared his research log (an excel file) for free.  It is simple yet it logs everything you need.  He even went so far as to put in source citations!!!!

www.geneabloggers.com/genreslog

Ive started using this document to log what I need to do.

Thanks to Thomas MacEntee for his generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment